Tuesday, February 23, 2010

I Like Children's Stories....

....and even better yet, well-made children's movies. I bought a copy of The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe while I was in graduate school, but didn't read the book until we had moved back to Oregon, with four kids, and saw the first hour of the story on Oregon Public Broadcasting television one Saturday late afternoon. I read the entire book before by the time the second part of the movie was on the next Saturday. This kids story blew me away - that is for another blog. I had read last year that Disney had dropped production of the theater version of The Voyage of the Dawn Treader. After seeing my son's 100-days-to-graduation count-down blog - I checked out the Web to see what was posted about the third Chronicles of Narnia story, only to be pleasantly surprised to find out that Fox had picked it up, and that it may be released in December this year - this should be good news. Of the original BBC movie adaptations of the C.S. Lewis stories that were broadcast on PBS - which were remarkably close to the narrative of the original books - the Dawn Treader was my favorite....plenty of fantasy to go all around....sailing to the end of the world....enchantments brought to an end....sorry to see the story end. I hope that there will be enough momentum with this film to finish the series - three down, four to go. Maybe some one will figure out that it would be worth it to make an animated version of The Horse and His Boy, release it at Christmas time, and some how get to The Last Battle in film.

1 comment:

  1. Most children's stories become less interesting as I grow older, but the Chronicles of Narnia seem to have the opposite effect.

    ReplyDelete