Saturday, October 15, 2011

Ellie Bogardus - French Connection

I received a reply from Mathias Bonnard to an earlier blog: Ellie Bogardus - Exterior/Interior Art. He happened onto the blog and wrote that his father and Ellie were married sixty years ago and lived in France in a cottage on the ocean. (2) The elder Bonnard was a
Voici SAM, la petite souris des dents...
draftsman and artist, and also worked in Los Angeles with Ellie on the "Peanuts, Charlie Brown and Snoopy cartoon in 60's." The French artistic connection runs deep - Mathias wrote that he lives in Nancy and is a draftsman for cartoons, video games, and comic books. He offered to send me more information about Ellie and images of paintings his father has - that would help add to the scant background that I have as mentioned in an even earlier blog - but his email address didn't work. In doing some searching on the Web to find a way to reply to Mathias, I found a blog of fanciful illustrations and animations by Justine Bonnard. Mathias was credited as the Directeur Artistique for the Mimik Chirerik blog. I assume Justine is his daughter - a third generation of cartoon illustrators. (1) The search continues.
_________________________
(1) I have since found out that Justine is Mathias' sister - regardless, cartoon artistry runs in that family. (October 17, 2011 AM)

(2) Mathias wrote to me today, and sent the corrections in the comment to this blog. Ellie and his father were married in the 1960's and lived in the house in Cambria (not at the ocean in France). (October 17, 2011 PM)

1 comment:

  1. I think my English isn't the best : - )

    A few corrections:

    Ellie and my father were married in the sixties.

    And, the cottage on the ocean is the Ellie's cottage in Cambria (now destroyed).

    PS: I also have sent you an email.
    See you soon, Mathias Bonnard

    ReplyDelete