Monday, January 30, 2012

Early Birds - Next Generation Birders

Micah's birds
Micah, my middle grandson, showed some interest this past December in one of the bird guides I brought to Oregon for the holiday. He studied a number of the photographs, carefully looking through the pages. When we did our California summer road trip, he had taken note during our walks of my checking out different birds we saw along the beach and in a nearby estuary. He also has interest in drawing (often using a drawing pad), so I wasn't all that surprised this past Saturday when he had our daughter-in-law text us one of his drawings - a sketch of a couple of birds. I smiled - there may be a little bit of a birder in him I thought, a connection with my interest. I will see all the little ones this weekend when I get to western Oregon, so have brought two pocketbook guides with me if more than one of them chooses to go birding with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment