Friday, May 4, 2012

A Day's Work

Here is a quick exchange today regarding a day at the office in Kingsville, Texas -- T-45 Goshawks flying in formation.

T-45A Goshawks formation
Ensign: Today was like little league of blue angels (1)

Father: Was it impressive? I assume fun and not scary.

Ensign: A little hairy at times, but pretty cool if I can get the hang of it.

Father: That's great. How close to the other planes?

Ensign: doing the barrel roll its about 30 feet, so not super close

Father: Plenty close for a bunch of Ensigns.

Ensign: My lead was actually the commanding officer, so that was cool

Father: Pretty neat.

Ensign: My lead for my solo was the Xo

Father: You are quite the attention magnet.
______________________________
(1) Note the absence of punctuation and capital letters as a moniker for the millennial Generation Y Ensign text, while the Baby Boomer Father adheres more closely to the rules of proper composition.

2 comments:

  1. thirty feet???! Maybe Moms don't always need to know the details!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds more exciting than a day at the office for me!

    ReplyDelete