Sunday, July 28, 2013

Un-Supersize That!

Common sense-sized supply
I registered my car in Colorado. The Maryland tags were to expire next week at the end of the month, so that was plenty of motivation to not run out the 90 day limit for new residents to register their cars. Since the bolts holding the plates onto the car were rusted, and not knowing whether we had any penetrating oil, Jan and I stopped into Lowes to buy a small wrench and can of WD-40. The thought of buying another can of WD-40 irked me - we still had the two cans we bought at Costco seven years ago - because the last thing we needed was a third. We were surprised after asking the hardware guy where to find it - as it turned out, small, right-sized cans for $1.98 each were neatly lined up on the shelf.(1) We will never use up the latest can dry, much less the other two standard-sized ones, but at least the three can hold down garage space and I can have a clear conscience.

____________________________
(1) The WD-40 Website refers to the 3 oz Handy Can as: "The travel-sized problem-solver."

2 comments:

  1. Jeff, my name is David Axe. I write about airplanes and other military technology for Medium.com. I read in one of your older posts that you seem to know a bunch of C-2 Greyhound crews. I'm writing about COD and am wondering if you can help me get in touch with any retired C-2 folks. I want to hear some firsthand stories of flying the C-2. I'm at david.t.axe@gmail.com. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete