Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Going Up The Country - First Meal In France

L'Auberge St. Severin
I had a whirlwind work trip to France this past week - leave the U.S. Saturday/Arrive Sunday morning - four days of presentations and briefings - return Friday. My host graciously showed me the sights around Paris after picking me up at the airport, and again in the afternoon. After seeing Notre Dame, we walked though some of the medieval section of Paris, and along the way, stopped at a cafe for an early dinner. The L'Auberge St. Severin had nice atmosphere, the service friendly, and my food seemed fine to me. The strategy I used for ordering, it had to be seem distinctly French. What I ordered seemed to be country-oriented. The result:

Escargot
Rabbit
Creme brulee
Of course, also a nice glass of house red wine.


No comments:

Post a Comment