Thursday, July 22, 2010

Feel Like I Do

One of the '70's all time best selling albums - Frampton Comes Alive, with the repeat favorite: Do You Feel Like I Do. I remember playing the song over and over. Great music when driving down California State Route 99 between Fresno and Visalia to visit our families. My brother Dan loaned us his tape that we played on the cassette deck in our Volkswagen Rabbit - the first new car we bought because Jan had a real job teaching and had to commute from Clovis to Tulare - also on Highway 99. I especially like the parts around nine minutes into the song and following - I wish I could play a guitar like that (1).

Other good feeling songs of the era include Joe Cocker's Feeling All Right and Lee Michaels' Tell Me How Do You Feel. And going back to the first 33 1/3 album that I ever owned - Jefferson Airplane's Surrealistic Pillow: How Do You Feel - Mom had to drive me to the store to buy that one.
______________________________
(1) See the blog: Silver Apples and Experimental Music Listening here.

1 comment:

  1. I like how subtly you associate the picture with the music with the story.

    ReplyDelete