Thursday, January 9, 2014

Birdwatcher - Winter Birding at the California Central Coast

What I look like to family members
This year, we spent the winter holidays in three states. It started with Christmas Eve in Colorado, Christmas Day in Oregon, and the extended New Year's in California. Our kids are spread out among those places, so that is how we chose to spread out our time - see everyone. I had not before birded in California during Christmas-time. The last time we were there at that time, was when my wife's Dad's wife was in the hospital back in 1989 - long before I was paying attention to birds. This year was a different story: between Point Mugu Naval Base in Ventura County, Visalia in the Central Valley, and Cambria on the Central Coast, I saw more new birds in the area that I had seen since being in Uruguay several years ago. A full list will follow, after I identify them.

No comments:

Post a Comment