Monday, May 2, 2011

Bethany Beach - Delaware Coast Bird Sampling


I enjoy having once again an SLR camera. I haven't taken photographs with a telephoto lens for more than 10 years, and my Nikon fitted with an 55-200 mm zoom telephoto lens allows me the opportunity get close enough for a reasonable shot. Other than the beach shots, the rest of the photographs were taken at Sea Colony - a development with nice grounds, but not exactly the wilds of the Delaware coast. Some of the birds that I saw and was able to get an image recorded were: (a) Canada Goose; (b) Great Blue Heron; (c) Mute Goose; (d) Willet; (e) Laughing Gull; (f) Black Vulture; (g) House Wren; (h) Gray Catbird; and (i) Tufted Titmouse. It would be nice to have a 400 or 500 mm telephoto lens. Compared to my old film Minolta equipment, the Rokkor 135 mm telephoto with a 2X doubler gave a nice touch. Having a digital format, there are no worries about the number of shots I take.

No comments:

Post a Comment