Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Must Have Been the Gas

2010 Toyota Prius
Today was remarkable - for a commuting day. I filled my 2010 Prius up with gas at the Shell station near our home on the way from work Monday evening. With the tank full, I drove to the BWI Airport and back to Annapolis Tuesday morning, then to work and home, and today to work and home. End result: 60 miles per gallon - remarkable. The best gas mileage I have had is 56 mpg, with around 55 typical during the summer and around 49 in winter. I normally fill up at the Exxon Station at the corner of Hillsmere and the end of
167 miles at 60 miles per gallon
Forest Drive, before it turns into Bay Ridge Road. Because the Giant Grocery gives gas points that are redeemed at Shell Stations in town, I went there instead: 60 cents off per gallon - remarkable. If you are going to have to drive, this is the way to do it. I don't know how high I can run up the gas use efficiency - it will just be a matter of my driving style, the kinds of miles, and a slower than usual emptying tank - remarkable. Maybe it's what is in the tank - it may be that I may a Tiger by the Tail, rather than a Tiger in the Tank.

No comments:

Post a Comment