Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Off The Wall Remarks

One of many signs recognizing 100 years.
This year is the 100th Anniversary of Naval Aviation. The way I found out was from a customer I have been working with this year on a renewable jet fuel commercialization effort he is pulling together in Kansas as part of a redevelopment project for a town that was devastated by an EF5 tornado in 2007 - the town is being rebuilt as a green community. Soon after we began interacting, I found out he is a former Naval Aviator, and he found out my son is a Naval Aviator in training. As it turns out, his last duty station was Corpus Christi Naval Air Station as a flight instructor - the same place our son is now, just 40 years later - but as it turns out, the same Training Squadron. So today, when on my way to a meeting at the Department of Transportation building (1) on New Jersey Avenue, I took the Green Line train to Navy Yard Metro stop - one block away. As I exited was exiting the station, on the walls and on banners above the walk ways are signs commemorating the founding of Naval Aviation - I had to take a shot on my return to the station on my way home after the meeting. I think it is pretty cool that my son may get his wings in the Centennial Year.
__________________________
(1) Part of the meeting just happened to be about renewable jet fuel.

No comments:

Post a Comment